Today the State Allocation Board (Board) met to hear a number of items, including the annual adjustment to School Facility Program grants, an appeal and a request for an expedited apportionment as a result of wildfires.
Executive Officer Statement
In her Executive Officer statement, Lisa Silverman provided the following updates:
- State Budget – Governor Newsom’s 2019-20 Budget proposes to:
- Sell $1.5 billion in GO bonds for the School Facility Program (SFP)
- Fund ten additional positions in the Office of Public School Construction (OPSC)
- Add $750 million to the Full-Day Kindergarten School Facilities Program
- Full-Day Kindergarten Facilities Grant Program – The first round of funding opened on January 2nd and closes on January 31, 2019. Ms. Silverman indicated that the Office of Public School Construction has received 72 applications worth over $121 million.
- Career Technical Education Facilities Program (CTEFP) – OPSC received 299 applications totaling $571 million for the fifth round of funding. Scores will be released by January 24th, those selected must submit funding applications by close of business February 15, 2019.
- Staff will commence public meetings to obtain stakeholder input on a proposal to reinstate the funding order model based on service region for future CTEFP funding cycles.