CASH School Facilities Leadership Academy
The CASH School Facilities Leadership Academy (SFLA) forges education professionals into extraordinary leaders who promote the advancement of education in the State of California. The Academy is a collaborative effort between the Coalition for Adequate School Housing (CASH) and the Fiscal Crisis and Management Assistance Team (FCMAT).
SFLA participants will master a course of study and become skilled in leadership techniques that will enable them to affect education in California. The course of study includes:
- School Facilities Planning
- School Facilities and Financing
- Site Acquisition and Management
- Architects and the Educational Design Process
- State and Local Agencies and Effective Partnering
- Public School Construction
- Program Management and Accountability
- Maintenance and Operations / Commissioning a New School
The SFLA is a year-long, intensive, in-person program which meets monthly, on a Friday and Saturday. SFLA participants will be expected to lead, assist, and follow during the many collaborative in-session presentations. Industry leaders will be brought to the SFLA to broaden and enhance the curriculum. Each participant will be assigned a mentor who will frequently interact with and evaluate the participant’s progress.
While all applicants are welcome, each cohort is limited to 40 participants based on the following criteria:
- Professional and career interest in becoming a school facilities leader.
- Support from his/her county office, district or firm and his/her immediate supervisor.
- Current involvement in a major facet of school facility planning/management.
- Leadership skills within his/her current career placement.
- Ability to work, organize and plan for the activities of his/her team.
- Access to public school facility-related data, which will be integrated into the SFLA curriculum.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written communication.
If you are a school professional, either in a leadership position or looking to advance, the SFLA could be a good opportunity for you.
The information brochure/application for the next cohort of the SFLA is coming soon.
For more information or to be added to the interest list, please click to email Stacy Lowrance at the CASH Office.