Call for Nominations – Legislative Advisory Committee
The CASH Nominating Committee is now accepting nominations to fill three (3) public sector seats and three (3) private sector seats on the Legislative Advisory Committee (LAC).
The LAC is advisory in nature. Its purpose is to provide the CASH Board of Directors (Board) with an annual draft legislative platform and recommendations on action/positions to be taken by the organization on existing or pending legislation. The Board Policy for the LAC states that the Nominating Committee shall solicit names from the general membership and present a slate of candidates to the CASH Board of Directors for approval. Self-nominations are encouraged.
All LAC appointments are for two (2) year terms. Terms are from September 1 through August 31. Each member may serve a maximum of two (2) two-year terms, for a total of four (4) years of service.
Nominees must possess the following qualifications:
- Active member in good standing;
- Involved in school facility planning and/or management; and
- Attend CASH meetings, conferences and workshops on a regular basis.
Why you should apply/nominate:
- To assist CASH in pursuing legislative goals and regulatory objectives;
- To be “in the know” about the latest issues and share them with your organization;
- To develop a personal network of new colleagues and become familiar with different state agencies and legislative leaders; and
- To participate in CASH.
Letters of nomination should include the following:
- Name, title, address, email, phone number and photo of the nominee (in jpeg format);
- Experience and background in school facility planning and/or management;
- Current involvement in CASH; and
- Reasons this individual is a good candidate and would make a good committee member.
CASH makes every effort to balance the members of the LAC among geographic locations, private and public sectors, and other related factors.
Please email letters of nomination to Greg Golik, firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to the CASH office, at:
CASH Nominating Committee
Attention: Greg Golik, Operations Director
1303 J Street, Suite 520
Sacramento, CA 95814
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Greg Golik at (916) 448-8577.
Submittal Deadline: Friday, June 28, 2019