May 20, 2014
The C.A.S.H. Nominating Committee is now accepting nominations for the Legislative Advisory Committee. The Committee has two public sector openings.
The Legislative Advisory Committee is advisory in nature. Its purpose is to provide the C.A.S.H. Board of Directors with an annual draft legislative platform and recommendations on action/positions to be taken by C.A.S.H. on existing or pending legislation. This committee traditionally meets six times a year. Membership on this committee is by nomination and appointment by the C.A.S.H. Board of Directors Nominating Committee.
The Board Policy for the Legislative Advisory Committee states that the C.A.S.H. Board of Directors Nominating Committee shall solicit names from the general C.A.S.H. membership and present a slate of candidates to the C.A.S.H. Board of Directors for approval.
Nominees must possess the following qualifications:
- C.A.S.H. member in good standing;
- Involved in school facility planning and/or management; and
- Attends C.A.S.H. meetings, conferences and workshops on a regular basis.
Legislative Advisory Committee members serve a two-year term with an opportunity to extend their service by an additional two years. Terms begin on September 1 and end on August 31.
C.A.S.H. makes every effort to keep a balance on the Legislative Advisory Committee reflecting different geographical locations, private-and-public sector interests, and other related factors.
Nominations should include the following:
- Name, position, address and phone number of the candidate;
- Nominee’s experience and background in school facility planning or management;
- Any involvement in C.A.S.H. conferences, committees and activities; and
- Reasons this individual would make a good committee member and what contributions this candidate would make to C.A.S.H.
If you are a member of C.A.S.H. and are interested in serving on the Legislative Advisory Committee or know someone who would make an excellent candidate, please forward the requested information to:
C.A.S.H. Nominating Committee
1130 K Street, Suite 210
Sacramento, CA 95814
Attention: Cheryl MacKelvie
Filing Deadline: Friday, June 6, 2014