CASH SAB Update
On February 26, the State Allocation Board met to elect a Vice Chair, and for other routine business. The Proposed Regulations for the Facility Hardship and Seismic Mitigation Programs were pulled from the agenda.
Executive Officer Statement
In her Executive Officer statement, Lisa Silverman provided the following updates:
Sixth Career Technical Education Facilities Program (CTEFP) Filing Round—
- OPSC would like to remind everyone that the Sixth CTEFP Filing Round is open until April 6, 2020.
- OPSC has received 71 scores from CDE and will continue to receive scores on a flow basis. OPSC encourages all applicants with projects with a score of 105, or higher, to submit the Form SAB 50-10 immediately upon receipt of the CDE’s score letter for the project.
- OPSC Online is available for all applicants to complete the Form SAB 50-10. Once the score is known, it can then be entered into OPSC Online and the application can be electronically submitted to OPSC immediately.
Full-Day Kindergarten Facilities Grant Program (FDKFGP)—
- OPSC held a FDKFGP workshop on Tuesday, February 25, 2020 to provide an overview of the program eligibility, application requirements and funding order determination. The third filing round will begin on April 1, 2020 and will close on April 30, 2020.
The Board heard an appeal from Trinity Alps Unified (Trinity) to:
- To receive Financial Hardship status based upon “other evidence of reasonable effort as approved by the State Allocation Board;” and
- To receive expedited Apportionments outside of the priority funding process for Facility Hardship projects at Weaverville Elementary and Trinity High Schools.
The Board took action to approve both requests.
- Board Vice Chair Election—
- The Board unanimously elected Asm. Patrick O’Donnell as Vice Chair.
School Facility Program Approvals and Workload List
The Unfunded Approvals List dated January 31, 2020 contains projects worth $859,393,549.
The Board approved Unfunded Approvals today worth $415,535,547.
The Workload List dated January 31, 2020 contains projects worth the following:
|New Construction & Charter||$ 1,335,735,540|
The Acknowledged List dated January 31, 2020 contains projects worth the following:
|New Construction||$ 582,451,780|
The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 4:00 pm.
~ Nancy Chaires Espinoza, Legislative Advocate